Saturday, May 12, 2012

05.12.12

Well hello!

I'm aware it has been so long since I last posted and I apologize. Life has been so busy lately between school, finding jobs, church events and preparing for this trip!

As you can imagine, I'm completely stoked about returning to Africa....sinking my toes into the red clay dirt, donning my African dresses, and running up to see my babies at the Sanyu Baby Home. The babies would be just now sleeping soundly as I type this, after being freshly bathed (a chaotic nightly event, I assure you, entailing shrieks and laughs - by both children and the "mamas"). I'm ecstatic about returning to the slums and kissing boo boos and and dirty faces and handing out food to the street kids. Oh how I love those children!



I would love to be holding them and kissing their noses! Only one month, three weeks, and two days....

I'm beyond excited that it's so close! But I'm so nervous too. To be honest, fundraising this year isn't going near as well as last year and job hunting is not going well either. I have $1200 let to raise for my airline ticket alone in just nineteen days (and then another $1200 to raise the next month)! It's enough to cause one to panic just a little, but I know God can provide in miraculous ways.

This Sunday I'm showing a promo video at my church for my trip (which I will post soon)! Please pray that God will work through the video :)

Well I must go, but I wanted to drop by to do a quick post :) Hope you all are having a fantastic week!

No comments: