Wednesday, May 18, 2011

An Extra Little Tid Bit.....

Hello there, everyone! Guess what.....

15 DAYS!

Are you excited? Me too. I can't wait to be snuggling with the kids and sinking my toes into the Ugandan soil.....it's SO CLOSE!

So I have some news! You see, a while back, I was visiting with my friend, Lori about my trip and she said, "Wait, I have this shirt from our fundraiser! Why don't you see what you can do with it?". And I was thinking last night as I lay in bed waiting for sleep to come, "Fundraiser......fundraiser.......*lightbulb* I know what to do!!!!".

So here's the deal. The Beanie Babies in my orphanage need to have their airfare paid soon before I buckle them safely in the airplane and bring them with me. My proposition is this:

Whoever adopts (aka sponsors) the most Beanies will receive this lovely shirt from Lori:


(Lori's fundraiser was through Show Hope and every shirt purchased through them helps bring orphans home forever!)
Cute shirt, huh? Here's a better view of how the design on it is:
Pretty awesome if you ask me (which I know you did). I thought about keeping it for myself, but I'm not that selfish too excited to give it away! The shirt is brand spankin' new and the package has never been opened! Good good stuff.

So I advise you to quickly hurry up and adopt as many Beanies as you can so that you can not only win this spiffy shirt, but also help me get to Africa to share some Jesus with some orphans! Let's have these four adopted by tomorrow, ok? $5.00 each!
(Left to right: ladybug, goat, walrus, owl)
P.S. Someone asked me how they will pay to adopt their Beanie Babies. To this, I answer that you can send your money right to:


The River Church
860 Plymouth Drive
Durango,CO
81301 
ATTN: Uganda GO team June 2011



(and put Sarah Slankard in the memo)


This way, I'm not handling the money and you can get tax credit :) Contact me though if you're adopting!

No comments: