Monday, May 2, 2011

Update! 5.2.11

Hello! I hope you are doing well and haven't had a heat stroke yet with this crazy summer weather! I'm just wanting to drop in to update on how stuff for the trip is going :)

More than I can tell you, this is a miracle trip for me. Someday, maybe I will tell the story of how God has already and will continue to move mountains for this trip. It's becoming more clear every day that this is the journey God has for me. The wonderful people I'm going with have been so helpful and I get more and more excited with each day!

Guess what came in the mail this week???

(After the first picture, I decided it didn't convey my excitement very well)

My passport! I shall refrain from showing you my passport picture as I assure you, I look high in it....

Soon I will be booking my appointment to get my shots for the trip....that should be interesting. Fact: As a kid, I used to cry for hours have to pray before any appointment involving shots all the way until it was done. But no worries! I just had bloodwork done the other day and I was totally brave. I barely flinched! So this shouldn't be so awful of an experience. I'll let you know though.


Also, I just got my account info from the group I'm going with (high fives all around)! You know what that means: I can send out my letters soon and start my first fundraiser (which I shall announce in my next post)! Of course, if you would like to send a fat check er, a modest donation right now, you can send it right to:


The River Church
860 Plymouth Drive
Durango,CO
81301
ATTN: Uganda GO team June 2011
(And in the memo of the check, you can put my name. You know, if you want ;))



Just sayin.


In other news (if you happen to be interested)!


My family is buying up practically all the fat Sharpies and cardboard boxes in the state to pack up this month. Just 30 more days and Florida will no longer be my home....


Also, I'm preparing for my graduation on May 29th! We're graduating at Gaylord Palms (and I'm thinking I'm not near classy enough) and I'll be graduating with my wonderful friends! So I'm excited for that.




That's about it, I do believe! A few things for you to remember: Please pray for me that God will keep prepping my heart for this trip and that things will run smoothly. Please send us any extra boxes for our packing (and maybe some Valium so we don't lose our minds here), and don't forget to check back soon to check out my first fundraiser which should be quite fun! :)

P.S. 32 DAYS!!!!!

1 comment:

Gen518 said...

32 until your trip or the "move"?